I do not know if I take enough time to appreciate them. I am not talking about the hummingbirds that come to my neighbor’s feeder, although I do adore seeing them.
I am not talking about the fact that I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and clothes to wear, although I do appreciate all of those things.
Nor am I talking about the fact that I have people who care about me, although there is no doubt that this fact is on my mind more often than not.
No, I am thinking about the daily events that make me smile. The little victories about which I often forget to write. They might be meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but they bring a little happiness to me.
- I seem to have temporarily vanquished the drama llama with nothing but kindness, loyalty, and wit.
- The high today is 79F (26C). The rest of the week looks the same. Thunderstorms eminent. I love monsoon season.
- I have tequila-lime chicken and rice mixed with homemade salsa for lunch.
- I have stopped losing weight.
- Last night I single handedly beat Dr. Vahzilok on City of Heroes!
- I met a friend’s sister and mother this weekend and despite the fact that I barely speak any Spanish and they speak no English, we got along quite well. In fact, they liked me very much.
- Last night at salsa dance class, I discovered that I am a decent follow. I also discovered that I am not bad at teaching people to dance.